Thursday, September 7, 2017

I wish


I wish I liked my job 1/2 as much as my wife does. I wish I still drank. I wish pot didn't fuck with my mind so much so I could do it once in a while. I wish I had more confidence. I wish I was willing to take chances. I wish these peanut butter M&Ms I am eating were limitless. I wish my headache would go away. I wish I could have more sex. I wish I would have pursued music harder. I wish I wouldn't be such a pushover. I wish I had the balls to carve out my own path. I wish that depression didn't exist. I wish I didn't have to take anti-depressants. I wish I had style. I wish these pants didn't have a hole in the pocket. I wish I had more patience with my kids. I wish I wasn't as irritable. I wish I could just walk away. I wish I could say No. I wish I could be a better husband. I wish I was a better friend. I wish I could finish writing a damn song. I wish some of my friends were more supportive. I wish I had a 1957 Fender Telecaster (Butterscotch Blonde), I wish my dogs would live forever. I wish I knew exactly how you think of me. I wish more people could understand the depressed mind. I wish I could understand the depressed mind. I wish I read more. I wish I could be honest. I wish I knew how to fish. I wish I could help more people. I wish I would have gotten a cookie at Potbellys today. I wish Donald Trump wasn't our fucking president. I wish I had more tattoos. I wish my parents would just listen sometimes. I wish I didn't always overshare everything. I wish you were here. I wish I could just shut up sometimes. I wish my kids knew just how much I love them. I wish I could say everything that is in my head and not be judged. I wish someone could tell me where the hurt comes from. I wish I knew the meaning of life. I wish I was better looking. I wish I had answers. I wish I had more questions. I wish I was really good at one thing. I wish that I never have another relapse. I wish the work days were shorter. I wish I had a bigger penis. I wish I could grow a mustache. I wish I would have schoooled it up when I was younger. I wish I never touched drugs. I wish I never smoked. I wish I didn't live 10 miles from my hometown. I wish people spoke how they truly felt. I wish I could have it both ways. I wish I knew when these feelings would end. I wish she felt the same. I wish my dad could live longer. I wish I am as good as grandparents as my parents are. I wish I knew what I wanted. I wish I could be satisfied. I wish could lose 50 pounds. I wish I didn't always want more. I wish I knew how others perceived me. I wish I could take those words back. I wish I never made her cry. I wish I never wanted to die. I wish things would go back to normal. I wish I knew what normal was. I wish I didn't feel alone. I wish I could cry more. I wish I knew why.I wish life made sense. I wish I had it together like that guy does. I wish he didn't wish the same thing.









No comments:

Post a Comment